Groove Coverage: Riot on the dancefloor -review

It has been six years since Groove Coverages previous album 21st century. So this album was a pleasant suprise when I heard that they were releasing a new album. GC has been one of my most favorite danceacts for a long time.

And boy, does GC deliver the most perfect dancealbum! The nods to trendsounds are there, but only in slight references. This German act relies on the sound they started, only the beats are a bit lighter (for you headbangers out there, theres a hardtrance remix of Angeline included).

The refrains are off the chart!!! It seems that GC have taken the essence of their sound and added a little more heart to these lyrics. Theres not even a one song that I couldnt imagine as a hit. The best for me is probably Darkness. Also I like the slow emotional song written by the lead singer Verena.

All I can say that fuck you American popstars who are making dance music nowadays, because its trendy. This album lies in the heart of dance and is without the best work GC has ever produced. This is above all utterly formulaic mainstream dance out there. Thank you for this GC!!!!!!! :-)

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit