Gusgus: Arabian horse -review

One good thing in the age of Internet, is that you can find new and interesting music easily via Youtube. The site suggested me to watch Gusgus´s video Over and I was instantly in love. So I had to purchase this Icelandic projects album :-)

Arabian horse, released in 2011, is like a breath of fresh air in the dance music market. Using the best elements of trance and tech house, Gusgus has released an adrenaline-filled album made to last for several decades. Sounding very often like Faithless classic Insomnia and a few times like Ian Van Dahl (?!) Arabian horse is a pure eargasm.

Selfoss is the album opener which develops into ethnic folksong played with accordion. Deep inside is a scorching midtempo trancer which has its roots, in my opinion, in Hypetraxx´s  The Darkside. And the single Over is probably the best and purest trance songs I´ve heard for a loooong time. On the whole the album is laced with beautifully sung male and female vocals, trance riffs and those mesmerizing echos...weaved into a solid and compact perfection.

In the age where trance music has thinned and the sounds have become more and more pop, it´s nice to hear fresh interpretation of the genre that has always fascinated me. Compared to Solarstones´ Pure album which sucked so much, this album album really blowed my mind in the PURE TRANCE area. What´s really funny is that artists like these, who havent done trance previously, are making it better than almost any producer in the trance community nowadays. 

I thank you, Gusgus!!!

I give 5/5 stars.



Kommentit

Suositut tekstit