Madonna: M.D.N.A -review

Madonnas previous album, Hard candy, was a total catastrophe. So having heard that this was going to be a dance album, I thought that anything with a straight beat should be better than Hard candy. And I was right :-)

Although Madonna is trying very hard to be "hip" and not a has-been, the album is mainly a collection of songs with nothing in common. BUT of course its enjoyable and well done, but on the other hand it has too much typical club sounds. The stand outs are Give me all your lovin, Love spent, I´m addicted, Gang bang and Falling free. Many songs on this album are reminiscent of Madonnas previous work from Ray of light and Confessions on a dancefloor.

This album is far from being bad because it really embodies the club sound of now. With visitors like Nicki Minaj and M.I.A,  Madonna is grasping at fame in the wake of many, many female singers who are looking up to her. This is no Gagas Born this way or Britneys Femme fatale but is clearly number 3 on my list  =)

P.S. Reviewer has the deluxe version of the album.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit