Olly Murs: Right place, right time -review

British heartthrob Olly Murs has gone global with this album. Having released two albums, Olly goes international with this one. Heart skips a beat was such a big hit, so why not gear up for the big market ;-)

Direction is obviously the right one. There are even a couple of dance songs and thank God they arent electrohouse. They are more like throwbacks of 90´s housemusic. Olly is also employing Flo Rida for the song Troublemaker, which is definitely a nod for American audience.

I think I´m not unbiased to review this album, because im mesmerized by his looks. (Look at this one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1234160/X-Factors-Olly-Murs-strips-fake-tan.html ). But I still definitely think that this is far better album than the previous ones. The catchiness has been increased and the music is more varied. Although I enjoyed Ollys previous sound, this variation makes it much more interesting.

Although not a bullseye, this is still a great pop album. I will predict that the next one will be even more electronic...

I give 3 1/2 stars.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit