Cher: Closer to the truth -review

Let´s face it: who really thought that Cher wasnt going to make a comeback? ;-)  This one true diva will probably outlive all of us, so lets welcome her back with open arms. Her twenty-sixth album is  a celebration of high-quality music in this era of let-downs and overhyped music. 

First single , Womans world, was a big disappointment for me. You have your usual Cherish vocals but the production (by Paul Oakenfold) is dull and uninteresting. Oakenfold hasnt made a decent song since the beginning of the 00´s.

Having said that, this new cd doesnt have any other disappointments. Its pure Cher from track 2 till the end. Take it like a man sounds like a big hit and it will be played in gay clubs everywhere (it also has Jake Shears on vocals). Catchy refrains continue in My love, Dressed to kill etc.  Its like Cher is continuing with the same sound as in the  previous albums Believe and Living proof and theres nothing wrong with that :-)   Its really great to hear dance music that hasnt been infected with trendy sounds (read Avicii).

Beyond the dance songs you get powerful ballads and on super deluxe edition you also get remixes of Womans world and bonus songs. What suprises me is the Timbaland penned I dont have to sleep to dream, which is a very upbeat 90´s influenced dance song. I didnt knew you had it in you, Timbaland! Also the bonus song Pride has Gay Pride written all over it.

I was a Cher fan before but this album really made her the  biggest and best female singer and a diva EVER in my book. Cher I love you, and please dont make any more songs with djs who dont know how to write songs ;-)

I give 5/5 stars.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit