Lian Ross: I got the beat - review

Once upon a time there was italo disco in the glorious 80´s. And there was a a German singer Lian Ross who had a few hits with songs like Fantasy and Say you´ll never. But she never released official artist album...until now that is =)

I had hears Lians italo hits previously and when I saw this new album, I was really excited and knew her italo roots. How would an artist who started as an italo artist, would succeed in doing her first album in this decade?

Have to say, I´m blown away! I got the beat captures the thrill and excitement of dance music without using much of todays trend sounds and that is always a plus. Although the album has a lot of different kind of songs like Hey boy (Guetta impersonation but much more melodic) and Around the world (tribalhouse divalicious extravaganza) to electrohop Shake your booty, the vision to produce an ultimate dance album is clearly visible. Also Lian  performs Young hearts run free so beautifully that I started to love that song (before this  I have hated it).  And  on the top of this all, you get a new version of Lians italo song Say you´ll never and a few tasty remixes.

This encapsulates why I love quality dance music so much. It´s fun, melodic and can be listened ten or twenty years from now. Lian Ross has made the BEST album this year!

5/5.


P.S. The cover is absolutely gorgeous!


Kommentit

Suositut tekstit