Avicii : True -review

I may have had more preconceptions with this album than with any other album this year, but I tried to listen this with open mind. But as a true music aficionado, I am truly appalled how horrible this is.

Nobody could have avoided the previous "hits" like Levels and countryish song from this album called Wake me up. If youve heard those miserable bits, this album doesnt provide anything new for you. Every track lacks energy and basically I just hear a beat and some overly irritating 5 second melody that goes on and on. And then you have your Johnny Cash and Adele wannabies whining trying their best to sound deep and meaningful.

I cant fathom why this so called artist is so popular. But in this mindless age of Internet, artists arent musicians anymore. They are service providers who ask from their fans what  they would like to hear. Artists like Avicii have no idea what is creative process and what is the essence of true music.

With Avicii, we have a musical leech who has drained all creativity from many great artists. Never has an artist influenced so negatively to EDM or pop music. This ís the turning point for many artists: to make money or to make music!

Avicii is perfect for tablet pawing zombies. 

I cant give this any stars. Its so beyond all musical relevance.
Instead I give you a rave song from 1996, which has a great message concerning Avicii. Everybody can really be a star, even if they dont have any talent.




Kommentit

Suositut tekstit