The Wanted: Word of mouth - review





This is the very first post of 2014, so Happy New year to everybody!

The Wanted is a British (and Irish) boyband who in my opinion are far more better than their counterpart One DirectionWord of mouth is their third album and also their most mature record.

Although I had preconceptions about this record (nowadays I have preconceptions about every new album, because 75 percent of todays pop music is unlistenable), the sheer talent of these guys melted me right away. There are lots of great pop songs Show me love (America), I found you and the fantastic Chasing the sun ,which I hated at first.

But there are still big misses like Walks like Rihanna, which is a total bore and Glow in the dark, with trance synths but manages to lose its meaning by incorporating mindless Daft Punkish sounds.

As a whole the album lacks cohesion, like almost every pop record out there today. But what lifts this album above its competitors is the feeling that these songs have really been composed and not manufactured with talentless djs.  You can feel the warmth of this music :-)

I give 3/5 stars.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit