TQ -interview






1. Whats your real name and where are you from? 

  My name is Nadine Nguyen, was born in Vietnam but settle in Canada in the 80's, then moved to California in the 90's.

 
 2. You´re obviously an artist who is a part of the new generation of italodisco. Why do you like italodisco and what makes it appealing even today? 

  I started listening to Italo Disco/Hi NRG since the 80's in Canada and loving it since then. When I began my singing career 15 years ago, the first song I did on stage was a matter of fact, a Hi NRG song by The Flirts, titled Danger 



 3. You managed to get the legendary Fancy to your China Blue -video. How did that happen? 

Fancy was such a sweetheart, when we invited him to come to the USA to perform in Houston and Orange County, it just happened to be the same time as the music video production of China Blue was. So we thought it would be a great honor for us to have him appear in the video as a tribute to the legend, to our wonderful surprise, he agreed. The rest is history.


4. Which italodisco artists are your favorites? Or do you have favorite songs? 

This is a tough question because I have many favorites, one of my most favorite is Only One Night by The Hurricanes (a Fancy production of course)


5. Is there an album in the works? 

Yes, the album is 90% done, we hope to release it by this year. 


 6. What do you think of the current EDM (Electronic dance music) phenomena? Dance music is conquering the charts, is it all good?
  
I think the current EDM trend was originated from the early electronic music in the 80's including synth pop, new wave, Italo and Euro Disco, Hi NRG etc... Although today's music has a stronger sound and faster beats, I think it lacks of the depth and emotion as well as originality compared to 80's music .
  

7. What kind of music do you like to listen at home? 
  
I like Jazz, New Age as well as uplifting Trance music as well .


8. Do you know any Finnish artists?



Unfortunately, I don't know any artist from Finland, although I hope to have future opportunities to work with some in the future. 

Thanks for the interview!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit