Bright light, Bright light: Make me believe in hope -review

Bright light, Bright light aka Rod Thomas delivers one of this years biggest albums. It´s not overly polished, covered with glitter or doesnt have catchy choruses that stuck in your head for weeks. BUT it is pure celebration of pop and dance music and dedication to the essence of music.

When I first heard Rod´s single Waiting for the feeling, I was instantly blown away by it! It incorporates many of the elements I like about music: hard beat, housey píano and 90´s feel. And all wrapped together under soothing male vocals. And theres more of that in the album that make you wanna dance and dance again. Besides the infectious dance sounds theres also a more laidback side which adds depth to the whole album.

I really can´t say anything negative about this album. It´s unapologetic, promises nothing it can´t deliver and offered in a neat package. In the era of mindless and numbing thump thump of club music, Rods album is like a breath of fresh air. Recommended for anyone who listens music with ears and not with eyes.
I give this 5/5.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit