S.e.x Appeal (Lyane Leigh) interview



1. You have a new album coming out?How does it differ compared to previous albums Peeping tom and Sensuality?

 Since we always try to bring in new ideas, the new album certainly sounds in many ways different from our previous releases. I think our last studio album "sensuality" was more kind of dance, trance, hardtrance and "Russian Roulette" has not a special genre. It is pure dance with different elements of styles mixed together. The lyrics however refer to love and sex suitable to our name S.e.x.appeal an our nineties roots.


 2. Which song from your own albums is your favorite? And why?

  "Russian Roulette" an "Love is the code". I can´t really tell about "Russian Roulette" perhaps because of the text idea and the funny sound effect of the gun. Actually I am a ballad singer and so is "Love is the code" one of my favorite songs. As the ballads were always favorites in all E-Rotic releases.

3. What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have favorite artists?

 I like to listen to all kind of styles like dance, pop, even country and rockmusic also classical music. My favorite artists are: Michael Jackson (will always be) and Olivia Newton John, also like Kim Wilde or Bruno Mars and many other current chart songs.

 4. How do you feel about electronic dance music conquering the charts? All good or does it affect the sound of mainstream dance music?

 It can not hurt if this music is to be found again several times in the charts. Although the genre Dance music is very diverse and even occurs in almost all known pop songs. In any case, elements of which can be found everywhere in today's pop songs.


5. You have performed many times in Finland. How do Finnish people react to your music? Is S.E.X. Appeal well known here?

Yes I love to perform in Finland. The Finns like my music very much, and many people appear at my shows and go crazy ;-). E-Rotic had 7 hits in a row and my music is still played today on the radio stations. Which I am very grateful. Even younger people know my songs and lyrics. My new S.e.x.appeal songs are also well taken by the public. I perform all my E-Rotic hits during my show and some S.e.x.appeal tracks like "Wild Beast" or "Poison called love".

6. What are your plans for the future ? Musical cooperations with other artists?

 Yes cooperation with other artists is a good thing. I did a cooperation with Layzee from Mr. President with my song "Gimme (safer sex) where he did a great job with his rap. There might be more in the future. I already have an idea I'm working on. But it still remains a secret.


7.  Do people still often ask you about E-rotic? Do you look back to those days with positive feelings?

 Of course, I am often asked about E-Rotic. E-Rotic was truly the highlight of my career so far. And if you look at the music business today so it will be also probably not change. Unfortunately, the CD sales dropped in recent years, more and more, and this trend is continuing. And digital sales can not compensate for that. Therefore, there will probably be no more golden CDs. But I will continue to work.
From the E-Rotic time I have very good memories and some bad. But the good memories outweigh.



8. Do you have something to say especially for your Finnish fans? :-)

Dear Finnish fans, I hope I will do many shows at your place in the future and see you there to have a great time together. Its always a pleasure for me to perform in your country and such a wonderful audience. I thank you very much for your support. Fans are the most important for an artist.
Rakastan teitä kaikkia.


Thanks for the interview Lyane, kisses !!!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit