Allan Jay -interview

1. Where are you from and what led you to a singing career?

"I am from Glasgow in Scotland and since a young age I have always been into singing dancing and performing, I remember watching old musicals in black and white with my gran as she loved all that. Growing up I was in various shows and danced and sang all the time from the time I started school I loved it , I did my first solo singing at the Kings Theatre in Glasgow at age 11 and that was it I was hooked. I was accepted to go to a performing arts school at 11 but my parents who have always been supportive wanted me to go to school and keep performing and dance ect to the evenings however aged 16 I knew this was all I wanted to do so it was actually my Gran who signed the consent forms age 16 to audition for Drama Collage, I got in and that was me!! After collage at 19 I moved to London and have been lucky and  performed in various shows, and on various TV programs as well as toured Europe and America  so I have worked hard but also been lucky with auditions and shows ect. ‎I have never done anything else as a career nor do I want to. The recording side came as years ago I was in a mixed band called "Reply" long before all the TV programs that are on now such as X factor,  it was an amazing journey recording over in Norway ect but sadly didn't work out however with the various contacts I had the opportunity to record vocals for the Disney Channel which got me into the recording side rather than the theatre side from that I sent out my demo to various recording companies that work in the dance music Scene and luckily after a few meetings with a Energise Records they signed me which I am now exstatic about!! They are fantastic to work with. 


2. What is your favorite genre of music? And why?

"With a background in Musical Theatre I love big show tunes from old to new musicals however I have always loved dance music which is why I am so pleased to now be signed to a record label dealing with dance music. Even from being young and getting ready to go out, music playing in the background I love it. It makes you feel good. The high energy beats but still with big vocals"



3. Which artists you look up to?

"It may sound typical of a young gay recording artist but I love my ladies Danni Minogue and Cascada I like their style, stage presence and music. I especially love Danni's dance mixes I don't think people realise just how good they are, people underestimate her but the tracks she has are brilliant "who do you love now" is my favourite. And with Cascada it's the same brilliant tracks dance floor fillers and off course both look fantastic all the time. I would love to have just a bit if there success and to share a stage with them.


4. What makes a good song? The refrain, singing or the music?

"Now that's a hard question, I think I combination to be honest, good vocals, good writing, great tune and arrangement of the song and put it all together!! When you get all that together your on to a winner, music should make you feel good that's what I think anyway"


5. Is there something you would change in todays music industry? And if so, what is it?

"I think there is so many different artists and styles of music today that is really diverse which is fantastic, Unfortunately this is a hard side of the business to get yourself out there and promote your music however it's such a brilliant industry to be in and I love it so I'd say no I wouldnt change anything about the music industry (from my experience so far).


6. Its my life is one of the biggest songs of the 80´s`. Is it hard to remake of  a song that is so big ?

"When Energise suggested the song I was wee bit nervous but I love the song so worked hard on the vocals and the remixes by Matt Pop ‎are great I love what he did with it to make it into a dance remix, you always worry with covers that you will do it justice but we tried to make it our own which I hope everyone likes."


7. Do you like performing in live events? 

"I LOVE Performing at live events, as my background is theatre and dance I an used to a live audience, it give you such a buzz to perform live a see the audience get involved and dance n sing along with you, it's also amazing to see there reaction to your music, I have 2 male dancers who I have with me onstage, my routines are choreographed by Michelle Carter who has worked alongside Blue, Cheryl Cole, Take That, Pink..... She has created some great routines for the boys and myself so it's great to be onstage performing."


8. Are you planning to make an artist album?

"Yes I am currently in the studio with Energise Records working on an album which we hope will be out early 2015, full of remixes and great dance tracks"‎..... "I currently have Its my life and Superman available on itunes and my new single Love and Pride will be available on 18th August that will my last single of 2014 while I go into studio to finish the album however I will be performing round the country at various gigs and events. 
Please visit www.allanjay101.webs.com and www.energiserecords.com to find out where and when next big event is Brighton Pride where I will be in Main Stage during the dance and at the Brighton Street Party in the evening 2nd August can't wait".

 Thanks for the interview!



Kommentit

Suositut tekstit