Eurotix -interview



1. Who is Eurotix and where are you from?

 Eurotix is a synthpop/italo disco project from Sweden, consisting of me, Dennis Alexis Hellström (vocals), and my dear friend Larry Forsberg (keys and knobs).

2.Which artists are your musical influences?
 
Both of us love 80’s music and some of our mutual favourites are Erasure and the Pet Shop Boys. Larry is more into early 80’s synthpop while I’m more into euro disco, Hi-NRG and italo disco, so our music is a mixture of both.


3. If you had the chance to make a song with any artist you like, who would it be?
 
Oh, there are so many great artist I’d like to collaborate with. I can’t speak for Larry, but I would personally love to record something with one of my idols: Kylie Minogue, Samantha Fox, Kim Wilde or Lili & Susie. Well, one can dream, right?


4. What decade/genre is the best when it comes to music, and why?
 
Definitely the 80’s and the synthpop genre, with all its sub genres. It’s difficult to explain why, I'm just in love with the electronic sound of the productions from that era. I was born in 1984 so I don’t remember much of the 80’s, but I’m making up for that now!

5. You have released your debut album recently. Has it sold well and what have been the reactions?

 
It’s doing really well considering we’re relatively unknown and don’t have the support of a big record label. We have received great feedback from synthpop and disco fans from all over the world. Their support have encouraged us to keep doing what we do!


6. Dance music is the sound of now. Do you think that its popularity has influenced artists for better or for worse?
 
Personally, I love dance music, so I like the fact that today’s charts are filled with music from different types of electronic genres, like house and electro pop. I also think it’s great that many of the typical 80’s sounds have made a comeback. I find acoustic music boring, so an electronic production always makes a song better, in my humble opinion.

7. If you had the power to change one thing in todays music industry, what would it be?

 
Oh, that’s a tough one. I think I would make it easier for unknown artists to shine, without being controlled by big labels, telling them how to look and sound. I think it’s important to find a way to work with music, without compromising your integrity too much.


8. What the future has in store for Eurotix? Any chance of you coming to Finland? ;-)
 
Actually, being on stage is not for Eurotix. Both of us are quite shy in a way, so we prefer working in the studio and promoting our music online. But we’re working hard on our second album as we speak. And we have another single coming out next month, including exclusive B-sides, so stay tuned. And thanks for all the feedback, we really appreciate it!

Dennis Alexis Hellström
www.dennisalexis.com



Kommentit

Suositut tekstit