Russian pop music

Thanks to Ru.tv I´ve developed an interest towards Russian pop music in the recent months. In April I´m gonna be showcasing that genre in my local library. (I work in a library).

After a few months of  listening to Russian music, I have begun to see that they are much more ahead in the pop industry than Finland. Russian pop is over the top, very electronic and always entertaining. Don´t get me wrong, I´ve always listened to music from all over the world (including Russia), but Ru.tv really deepened my affection ;-)

There are lot of truly interesting artists like Sergey Zverev, Mitya Fomin, Serebro, 5sta family etc. Besides music, there are really interesting personas like Mitya, who seems to not notice that he isnt that young anymore (see video below.)

I´m ashamed of our musical culture compared to Russian. Russian artists make music for entertainment purposes but Finnish artists make music for critical respect or for stupid teenagers, who only care about mp´s or Spotify.

I love those Russians =)

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit