Daco Junior: Heartbeat Solo -review


Finnish dancepop has always been quite.....cheap. But after Teflon Brothers´ new album (which I have also reviewed) I´ve begun to hope for a better future for Finnish dancepop. And then came this =) I bought this record only having listened to couple of clips so I only knew that this was going to be electrohop. I wanna support new dance artists (who make good quality music), so I acquired Daco Juniors cd.

Heartbeat solo is a mixture of electrohouse, electrohop and mandatory dubstep beats. You really cant tell that this music is made in Finland so compared to foreign artists this stands up to the test.

Another thing what makes a record worth your while, that this doesnt strive to be overly catchy album. The refrains are not so contagius which in this case, is a good thing. I have grown sick and tired of stupid repetitions and o-o-ohs, which you can hear in every pop song nowadays.

As a rapper, Dacos flow is not the best, but not the worst either. But his voice is definitely aimed for the international markets. He is surely better than many Finnish mediocre rappers.

Daco Junior is one of the best efforts in Finnish mainstream pop in this decade. Although the album has its flaws and doesnt totally add up as a cohesive album, it still has more longevity than your basic pop album

I give this 3/5.



Kommentit

Suositut tekstit